Saturday 6 September 2014

Higher Self



In my experience, this is generally explained as one’s ‘Soul’ – the part of oneself which comes from the highest frequency world, in a sense – although I have come across a smaller number of people who use ‘Spirit’ for that meaning. (According to Lobsang  Rampa, this concept is also akin to the Sanskrit word ‘Atman”. When I tried to check this using Wikipedia, which I continue to be wary of, I found a Jainist definition of Atman akin to the definition I use, a Buddhist  definition which does not refer to anything personal, and a Hindu  definition which was along the lines of Rampa’s definition. I also found definitions of Higher Self, along the lines of my definition, and with a definition attributed to Madame Blavatsky, and Soul, which was a broader, more philosophical definition. The definition of Spirit was very broad, and some of the views given are along the lines of what I would use – and no acknowledgement of the use that some people have for the word, which is along the lines of what I would describe as Soul.)
Well, we’ve got parts of us on a lot of different (non-physical) levels of reality, so I would qualify that as ‘that part of ourself which is at the highest frequency of nonphysical energy that we can access from this level of reality’, but more importantly, I would tend to describe this as our innermost, truest (in the sense of ‘being true to oneself’) self.
You could perhaps also describe this as the source of our conscience, or our most persistent and best self.
The Higher Self is a ‘Big Deal’, personally speaking, and can be a massive source of help, one that is ALWAYS there and accessible, since it is our innermost essence.

As of the time this definition was written, I’ve touched on this idea in the following posts:
     Post No. 239 - Random thoughts ... (in the “Getting to know one's parallels/unconscious” section)

I have also made passing references to this term in the following posts:
     Post No. 354 - Full Moon in Virgo (and other rituals, which I will not bother to list)

As of the time this definition was written, I’ve also used the term ‘Soul’ in the following posts:

As far as I can recollect, I have not used the term ‘Spirit’ in the sense of one’s Higher Self, other than to note that others do use that word in that sense. My sense of meaning for the word ‘Spirit’ is along the lines of ‘nonphysical’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.